Friday, May 16, 2014

Growing and growth

The nearly past 40 years of my life are quite a story. Not the most compelling but an interesting journey, nonetheless.

The life I was given, the life that I've had and the life that I have chosen are, to those outside of it, sometimes rather interesting, even if I find it often pedestrian.

I have learned that I have experienced much, even if it takes me several years to truly appreciate what I have gone through. What I am really getting at is I don't take it for granted and I don't want to seem like I would really want to change it, even if I often mentally fantasize the "what if."

I guess that's what makes me a consummate dreamer and a searcher for purpose. I often feel so many are adrift and few truly even find peace once they reach their supposed destination. But that's what life is, right?

Over the past couple of years I have found fascination in the story of the world. As many of us before, I too realize what we are and how all play some role in this world and that, while it is not always compelling, it is our role to do with it what we like, much like improvisation.

Going forward I want to share more of my observations, as I am realizing that more of what I have learned makes sense in the "big picture," a very well suited term to how we have come to share much of what we have, how we observe it and how we want to compel others to see it.

And I still hope to grow more, in this world that constantly ask me to learn more daily. A frustrating passion, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment