I can only imagine how our ancestors would see this, even our distant relatives. Of course, we all are hooked on it, even if few would ever admit to it. We are seeking out some sort validation because, frankly, not many of us are so keen to journal our daily observations into clear prose that a mass audience would want to digest.
What I find funny about some of my friends, I will name then Girl and Boy for simplicity, who both use the social media as a way to drain their thoughts and, of course, my thoughts on the matter.
Girl is a friendly enough person with a fun personality, in real life that is. However, armed with Facebook and Twitter, or even texting, for that matter, she is vague and showy and seems to have an urge to just say whatever is on her mind, whether it is relevant, arbitrary or, in some cases, seems to urge the audience to have to prod the answer out of her (which, if you don't have a text plan, can cost a bit).
Also, quoting someone famous is not clever, at least in this decade.
As for Boy, he is a nice enough person in real life, intelligent, artistic, articulate. But when it comes to Twitter, I have no idea what he is saying or doing, but he does it a lot with hash tags so, I guess, maybe he just wants some attention.
Which brings me to my real point. Being relevant is only important if you mean it. After all, a shallow relationship is just that. If I stop caring about what you have to say, think about those that really only checked out what you were saying because, at one point, you said something clever.
I used to talk at length about nothing. I am so lucky Twitter wasn't around when I was medicated, otherwise I would have been at the million Tweet mark but with nothing new to say.
And so I beg, tell your friends that they need to say something, not just spew their thoughts because, often, it is the mystery that makes one want to come back.
No comments:
Post a Comment